Saturday 3 November 2007

DUTCH GOLD

"Where are the photos of Amsterdam?" several of you have been asking... Well, there will be some, never you fear! Oh, yes!

Meanwhile, here is one that I captured somewhat by chance.

I had gone to Nemo, the city's fascinating museum of science and technology, with David, but had not really felt up to fully exploring the wonders of this spectacularly inter-active venue, the motto of which is: "It is forbidden NOT to touch!"

Anyway, I was taking it easy with an afternoon cuppa when, suddenly, the most amazing golden sunset set me snapping...

Click on image to enlarge

Image © Brian Sibley, 2007

3 comments:

Andy Latham said...

A beautiful silhouette Brian. I particularly like the fact that the more distant tower is a lighter shape compared with the closer bolder one.
-----------------------------
Visit Andy's Animation!

Boll Weavil said...

That's a nice picture and that tower looks even better close up as its perched by the side of a canal (well everything is really I suppose). I hope you went onto the roof of Nemo - there's a fantastic view to be had there.

SharonM said...

lovely photo Brian - hope you had a good time in Amsterdam.
Thinking of you here in lovely Gran Canaria.