Tuesday 1 July 2008

CHANGING MEDICATION

I recently mistyped Paracetamol as

Pracetamol

Spell-check kindly offered me the correction...

Peacetime

Which is not a bad approximation of what Paracetamol offers the pain-sufferer!

Talking of tablets...

I've just been put on a new medication the possible side-effects of which include: difficulty finding words, difficulty with thinking, memory impairment and confusion (nothing new there then!), panic attacks, hallucinations and abnormal dreams (does anyone have normal dreams?) and... er... changes in SEXUAL INTEREST----

WHAT??

Oh, my god! Not WOMEN!! Not my time of life!!

8 comments:

Boll Weavil said...

Don't take them Mr B ! If you've survived without women upto now, there's really no reason to put yourself through it !

Brian Sibley said...

Thanks for the advice, Boll. As a married man with twin daughters, I guess you'd know!! :-)

Actually - my beloved Civil Partner excluded - I've had more than my share of grief from MEN over the years!

Arts and Crafts said...

Is the first time in my life I hear about this kind of side effect...is very deepressing read the patient information leaflet, for God sake, it's suppose that medicines must help us...

Brian Sibley said...

I think, Eudora, that it probably means 'changes' in the sense of loss of interest in sex; but you are right: many medications have, among their side-effects, the very condition for which you are taking the medication! These new tablets of mine - intended to help relieve pain in the joints has a possible side effect of guess what? Yep, joint pains!

SharonM said...

You never know, Brian - maybe a side effect might be an increased interest in sex.

Brian Sibley said...

You're forgetting Lisah, I'm a happily married man! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Boll! Don't take them! I tried a new medication for 2 days before handing back to the Doc with a strong comment as to the effect it had on my sleep and my psyche! 2 days and I was turning into a psychotic wreck, to say nothing of the WEIRD dreams which would wake me up! And I'm used to weird dreams!

Anonymous said...

What kind of medication is it?

Bi-carbonate of soda, perhaps? :)