Saturday 5 March 2011

LEGS A MILE LONG!

This week saw the passing of one of great Hollywood sirens who memorably graced a surprisingly short roll-call of movies with her extraordinarily long legs and shapely hourglass figure. I refer, of course, to the woman Bob Hope once described as "the two and only Jane Russell"!

Here she is in what was (for the time) a shocking outfit, dancing up a storm and singing 'Lookin' for Trouble' in the 1954 film, The French Line; and having a ball in the hysterically camp 'Ain't There Anyone Here for Love' routine from the previous year's Gentlemen Prefer Blondes...





JANE RUSSELL
21 June 1921–28 February 2011


4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Guess which one I prefer... probably the same one you prefer Brian! Underpants again!

Boll Weavil said...

Well said Suzanne ! I think we've sussed out it's any excuse to show half-naked gentlemen on this blog. Talking of which, when's the next caption competition ?

Brian Sibley said...

Suzanne and Boll – I have to say this had passed me by completely... :>

However, checking out the second video (again), I think you'll find that the items of clothing to which you are referring are what, in my young day, were called 'swim suits'! I remember having a very itchy woollen pair as a kid!

Brian Sibley said...

Boll - PS: Haven't found a suitable picture for a caption competition for a while. But there is currently an on-going book quiz you can be applying your mind to...