Thursday 20 September 2007

IT'S A WONDERFUL LINE

CAPTION COMPETITION TIME!

This is one of my favourite moments in my all-time favourite film: the freeze-frame shot of James Stewart early on in Frank Capra's It's A Wonderful Life which introduces Stewart's character, George Bailey...


But, taken out of context -- always supposing, that is, you happen to know the context! -- what might this character be saying?

Submissions via the blog to be published next week.

I would say keep it clean, but with some of you that may be too much of a challenge! However, entries may be bleeped in order to avoid outraging any members of the clergy, shocking any maiden aunts and most certainly to prevent frightening the horses!

3 comments:

Boll Weavil said...

Fantastic, another Sibley Caption Competition ! The world has waited a long time....

Brian Sibley said...

Thanks, Boll! :-) Also to you and Suzanne for the first of what, I hope, will be a bumper crop of entries --- just keep 'em coming bloggers!

Anonymous said...

You will have noticed, Brian, that I kept it clean!
I too am right chuffed you're back with your comps!