Thursday 10 April 2008

A BIT OF A STINK

Google sent me a note the other day telling me that I was in bad odor...

As it turned out, it wasn't me, but yet another of my several doppelgängers around the world...


Foul smell will cease, Sibley says

Company begins phasing out chemical that causes stench


BELLINGHAM — The odor that has disturbed Roosevelt and Sunnyland residents should abate by early next week, now that Brooks Manufacturing Co. has agreed to phase out use of an offending chemical...

Brooks spokesman Brian Sibley said the company expects to make the switch by Monday, acting on its own initiative. "We have identified a solvent," Sibley said, "that we believe will accomplish the same task with substantially less odor." The odor came from one of the ingredients - aliphatic esters.

The esters are part of a mix of chemicals that Brooks uses to treat lumber at its plant at 2120 Pacific St.
Sibley said the change in the process won’t disrupt production. "We’re very committed to solving this problem and to continue to be a good neighbor," Sibley said.
After reading that, my life seems positively fragrant!

2 comments:

Boll Weavil said...

I feel you get a disproportionate amount of namesakes in the world - all of them doing good things. My own equivalents are a hairdresser and BBC Radio presenter.What kind of jobs are those for doppelgangers to hold ? I was hoping for something a little more glamorous...

SharonM said...

Upong my word, how many Brian Sibleys are there out there?