Sunday 21 November 2010

BIN THERE...

But for the death, last week, of my computer (bowed heads and solemn music, please) I would have obviously posted to mark the fact that November 19th is – or, rather, was...


World Toilet Day may sounds like a facetious piece of media eventism but it has a serious purpose, since contaminated water and bad or non-existent sanitation have, allegedly, claimed more lives than all of the wars of the 20th Century combined.


Without taking anything from WTD's laudable aims, it does give me an excuse to share the following souvenir which Sheila and Roger brought back from their holiday, earlier this year, on the Greek island of Thassos: an entertainingly-translated sign spotted in a local tavern's WC...

Bin There


4 comments:

Snow White Archive said...

Clean toilets, clean water. There it is.

Suzanne said...

May it rest in peace, Brian! I wish I'd known Friday was WTD! I could have commemorated by beginning to write a book about all my "loo" experiences! Instead, I shall just go & sit and contemplate!

SharonM said...

It seems a fairly logical sign to me.

Boll Weavil said...

Sorry the death of your comp left you a little flushed and po faced Mr B. Judging by that pic you would have had a lot to go on had you marked World Toilet Day.I'm sure, like the campion competition, your post would have had us wiping our...eyes with mirth.