Wednesday 30 May 2012

BEWITCHING!

When did I first become fascinated with Miss Agnes Moorehead?

Well, it has to be when she swooped into my consciousness - a red-headed vision in lavender and lime-green – as the magnificent Endora in what was my favourite TV show back in the 1960s and remains a recurrent DVD delight – Bewitched.

Only later did I discover her as one of Orson Welles' Mercury Theatre Company and a member of the stellar casts of Citizen Kane and The Magnificent Ambersons.

Then I found her unforgettable vocal tour de force in the American radio broadcast, Sorry, Wrong Number, and her compelling silent performance in The Twilight Zone episode 'The Invaders'. Her talents were always diverse, always compelling...

Some years ago I acquired this autographed photograph of Miss Moorehead which shows what a striking-looking woman she was...


And I recently discovered this vintage TV clip from the ABC variety show, The Hollywood Palace (Season 4, Episode 13) televised on 17




1 comment:

SharonM said...

She was an impressive performer.

I wonder, though, if 'Bewitched' could be used to describe Buttons these days.

And talking of Buttons...