Sunday 2 May 2010

TOLK TALK

Sorry, but what follows is (more or less) all about me...

An on-line interview - by my old friend (and fellow JRRT-C S Lewis-junkie) Colin Duriez - appears on the Tolkien site, FESTIVAL in the SHIRE, touching various Tolkienesque topics - the BBC radio series, the Jackson movies etc - and a few others besides.

And, whilst we're talking Tolkien, I was amused to stumble across the New Zealand film website, NZONSCREEN, and discover that an entry (under 'People') on costume designer, Ngila Dickson carries a quote by her from one of my books...


Click on images to enlarge

4 comments:

Geno said...

Although you say this post was all about you it touched upon my favorite subject, Tolkien! I really liked your interview and I can't wait to read your bio on Jackson, (it would be my first Sibley!)
And if your curious, the trip went well and I have a new post with the details.

Brian Sibley said...

Well, GENO, Tolkien has been a part of my life now since I was around 10 years old!

I do hope the Jackson bio won't prove a disappointment...

And congratulations on the new job! Having read your blog, it is - I assume - going to mean quite a big disruption for you and the family. I hope all goes very well.

Suzanne said...

How nice to see JRRRT again! I shall be on the lookout for the new book.
Ms Dickson's comment about costume goes straight to my heart; we are preparing a play set in 1911 and I have decided to make my costume myself - HELP!
hilkees: a collection of odds & ends which one hopes will one day become a stage costume...

Anna Kakol said...

This is really cool. It is a while since the article was written, so I have read a lot about Jackson already, but hey! Is it fine by you if I leave a link for little firm that interprets in Norwegian? https://www.translanor.no/polsk-tolk/. Please just take it away if you don´t want my link here. Have a nice 2019 :-)