Thursday 12 January 2012

WHAT BOOKS DO AT NIGHT!

Thanks to Michael and SCB for sending me a link to a wonderful little film animated by Sean and Lisa Ohlenkamp.

It had all started innocently enough when the Ohlenkamps decided to creatively (and repeatedly) rearrange their bookshelves at home and photograph the process with a stop-frame camera...



But then they got a bit more ambitious and started spending numerous sleepless nights moving, stacking, and animating books at Type bookstore in Toronto. The result is a magical glimpse into the private night-life of a bookshop.



If Mr and Mrs O are free just now, there are some bookshelves here that could do with a bit of clearing!

5 comments:

scb said...

Thank you so much for posting these, Brian! I actually had not seen the first one, so it was a double delight. Imagine the work that went into doing those!

I have a silly smile on my face now.

Suzanne said...

I love it! Having just completely rearranged my living room, maybe I could have relieved the monotony by doing the same thing with my CD's and DVD's which actually changed place four times before I was satisfied!
I couldn't visualise the first film though

Roger O B... said...

When I worked as a Librarian I wondered when the gremlins disordered the shelves we spent so much time putting in order. Now I know. Since my retirement, the library is now open 24/7 so that should fool 'em!
Roger
REGING: behaving like Elton John

SharonM said...

They are so clever and must have taken an age to make.

Funnily enough, when I've got the DVDs and Videos sorted out (chucking out all but a few of the latter), the book shelves are next on the list to be tackled today.

Wish I could borrow a couple of those gremlins.

Weeksoil: Over to you, Brian to define that one!

Wobble The Witch Cat said...

Fabulous stuff Brian thank you so much for posting these two excellent animations! I have just been clearing out my Mothers house ready to move and OMG I could have done with more help so many banana boxes full of books I wish I could do with Elisabeth Montgomery from Bewitched I wish I had her talent for nose twitching!