Saturday, 11 May 2013

LONG LOVE THE KING!

A number of those who marked the recent death of Ray Harryhausen, noted that the event that ignited Ray's life-long love affair with stop-frame animation was seeing, as a 13-year-old, the 1933 movie, King Kong...

When I was exactly the same age, I saw Ray's Jason and the Argonauts which had a similar impact on my life.

So, in tribute to Ray (and to the film that inspired his own wonder-creating career), here's a radio programme I made in 2003 (with, among others, Mr Harryhausen) to mark the 70th anniversary of King Kong.

Also featuring a poem by that mutual friend of Ray and myself, the late Ray Bradbury, the programme is called – Kong: A Love Song...

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be lovely if Ray's death prompted a really state-of-the-art restoration of Jason for Blu-ray? I think it deserves one every bit as much as Ben-Hur or Lawrence of Arabia. I can't remember any other film which imprinted itself on my inner eye more vividly. A true masterpiece.