Wednesday 27 May 2009

BAGS OF ADVICE

A while ago now, I posted images featuring interesting bag advertisements (check them out)...

Well, here's another one, this time promoting a product to help nail-biters stop from chomping their mitts...

And here's what they look like when they're being carried!


But...

If you're a nail-biter would you really want to admit to that fact by carrying a bag announcing that you were trying to quit?

Anyway, here's another bag, this time not hanging on by the skin of its teeth but going hand-in-hand with a promotion for autism awareness...


What remains a mystery to me is how it happens - with all this inventiveness in carrier-bag-design in evidence - that I always end up the ones where, by the time I get home, all the black (red, green or blue) print has come off on my hand?

5 comments:

scb said...

I believe it's a talent to have all the ink come off on your hand -- the ink recognizes your greatness and simply doesn't want to leave you. ;-) (It's a talent I have, also, although I'm sure that my attractiveness to ink has nothing to do with greatness.)

Andwhy don't we have interesting carrier bags out here in the hinterland? Oh, right. Because it's a hinterland

SharonM said...

Making carrier bags interesting would a good way of encouraging people to re-use them.

But as well as ending up with inky hands, another problem I have with them is that they quickly get holes in them. I've done numerous 'bag for life' swaps in M&S and to a lesser extent in Asda.

Brian Sibley said...

SCB - I think it's probably a way of collecting DNA for government use.

SHARON - I applaud the idea of biodegradable bags, but hate the fact that they don't tell you that that's what they are going to do; so whenever I store things in them and go to pick them up ten years later they instantly disintegrate in a cloud of plastic dust.

Boll Weavil said...

I stopped biting my nails with ten minutes of hypnotherapy which was suprisingly effective.No one gave me a carrier bag though (with or without removeable ink).
NUIPP : The difference between the lifespan of the carrier bag stuck in a tree at a beauty spot (measured in years) and the one that you are carrying your shopping home in (measured in minutes)

Brian Sibley said...

NUIPP - Brilliant!