Monday 8 October 2007

HEARTFELT

This was to have been the day on which I should have had an angiogram on my heart, but due to the COLD and COUGH which have now nestled down nicely onto the chest, they can't carry out the procedure until I'm better...

So, the apprehension and the anxiety goes on for a couple more weeks...

Meanwhile, for those who, when I've mentioned what I was supposed to have been doing today, asked: "Angie WHO?" here's what the short definition. I'll spare you the HOW, because, if you're anything like me, it will make you knees go a bit wobbly...
An X-ray film or image of the blood vessels is called an angiograph, or more commonly, an angiogram. Angiography or arteriography is a medical imaging technique in which an X-ray picture is taken to visualize the inner opening of blood filled structures, including arteries, veins and the heart chambers. Its name comes from the Greek words angeion, "vessel", and graphien, "to write or record".
Oh, well, it's comforting, at least, to know that the Greeks are involved - even peripherally!

No images today, because, well... you can imagine...

2 comments:

Rob Cox said...

Brian - it really is no problem. It doesn't take long and is a very routine procedure. If they detect any blockage they can sort it there and then. There is some discomfort (rather than any pain) but certainly no worse than having blood taken! You will be fine!

Brian Sibley said...

I wish it had all been over yesterday, but thanks for the encouragement, Rob!