Saturday 14 April 2007

BROUGHT TO BOOK


COMPETITION!

Supposing you had to pitch to a publisher a well-known book that was not, as yet, well-known...

How would you sell it?

What would you say in JUST TWELVE WORDS or less to outline the content and make it so irresistible that the publisher couldn't pass up the chance to snap it up.

The Lord of the Rings or The Lord of the Flies, Gibbon's Decline and Fall or Waugh's Decline and Fall...

The choice is yours. Not more than FOUR submissions per blog-reader and the wittier the better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian, I'm back from my holidays! But I wrote so much while I was away that I think I now have writer's block and cannot think of a single entry for your competition! Pathetic or what!?

Brian Sibley said...

SUZANNE - and anyone else wondering whether or not to still have a go...

Closing date for entries is Friday... So there's still time!