Sunday 1 April 2007

SPORTS RESULTS

What better way to kick off on All Fool’s Day than with the results of the last CAPTION COMPETITION, as chosen by our independent judge blogging under the name of Polkadots & Moonbeams...

Here is the photograph for which I asked you to provide a caption…


…and now for the captions!

The EDITOR'S HIGHLY COMMENDED ENTRY came from SUZANNE...

"Wow! That's some footprint - let's get forensics in!"

And the JUDGE'S TOP FINALISTS were as follows:

In THIRD PLACE was GOOD DOG with…

One of the players on the right saying: "You're looking in the wrong direction if you want to play spot the ball."

In SECOND PLACE was DAVID WEEKS with…

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're mine. Look there's my name tag"

But…

The WINNER was SCROOGE with…

"Then when I do this, it spells WOW!"


Congratulations to them AND to the rest of you who entered and submitted an ingenious - and sometimes delightfully risqué - selection of captions, which are listed here for your amusement in alphabetical order of captioneers!

ANNE…

"I don't think that's a regulation bottom."

CHRIS…

"Well it felt like a bee sting to me!"

"BEE it ever so BUMble..."

DAVID WEEKS…

"I suppose that was a harder smack than usual."

"Hang on, don't pull the shorts up yet I want a closer look - the game can wait a bit longer."

"I'm sorry but this elastic has just gone home; you had better just take them off entirely. It's a Health & Safety issue if you try playing with them like that"

"Yep, the lining has completely separated."

"Wow! The jock strap has completely vanished!"

"Good God! How did that get in there?"

DIVA of DECEPTION…

“I'm not kissing it - you tell them!”

JEN…

“See, I told you my thong matched my strip!”

QENNY…

"Well, it's a little bit hairier than most girl's bums, but it still looks very girly."

SCROOGE…

"Hmm not bad... OK, you can have the lousy goal if it means that much to you."

"And I had this one done in a little bar in Sao Paulo."

"What do you mean, he never touched me. The boot's still in there."

"Look, I don't mind meeting up for a drink after the match but this is ridiculous...."

"And then I had to sit in a small bath for several hours by a freezing lake at the plug end - If you look you can still see the chain! And THAT'S why I became a footballer?" *

"No I can't recommend you as Brian's wallpaper of the week with that one I'm afraid." *

SILLY BILLY…

"Look, I told you he scored!"

SUZANNE…

"I still don't understand why you left it there..."

* To be understood, these entries need to be read in conjunction with those submitted for the LAST caption competition.

And, finally, here’s what could well be a photograph taken later on in the very same football match!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Those captions were very clever! How fun! (I've been in such suspense to see these captions.)

Anonymous said...

great fun. no more to say for a while... i'm on holiday and this keyboard is a real bummer!!!

Brian Sibley said...

Thanks Anne & Scrooge and have a good hols, Suzanne!

David Weeks said...

"Thank God the pants were M&S - if the elastic had gone on those too . . . "

Brian Sibley said...

Thank you, David, but I wasn't starting ANOTHER caption competition!!! ;-)