Saturday 7 July 2007

WAXING PATHETICAL

THE ROYAL SCANDAL YOU NEVER READ ABOUT...

A few years ago, my good friend, Donald, achieved a moment of unexpected - nay, unprecedented - intimacy with Her Majesty the Queen, while the late Queen Mother looked on with evident amusement, possibly even delight...


Yes, well, as you probably guessed this photo was actually taken during a royal audience at that London emporium run by Madame Tussaud.

Now, I'm aware that Vincent Price knew all about the horror of the wax museum, but I doubt even he would have credited some of the horrors I recently ran across on a site devoted to the inhabitants of Josephine Tussaud's Royal London Wax Museum in Victoria, British Columbia.

This remarkable attraction - not to be miussed next time you're in Victoria, BC - offers several fascinating revelations: such as the fact that attendees at The Last Supper had place names...


...that Churchill told FDR exactly what he thought of him...


...that the cast of Bonanaza were actually aliens...


...and that Walt Disney wore a 'Walt Disney' tie - presumably in case you didn't recognise him by the stuffed mice on his shoulders!

6 comments:

David Weeks said...

But Brian, none of them, except Donald, look real!
What are they, Wax-works or something?

Good Dog said...

And I thought it was the clowns that were scary.

Is Churchill's response because that trickster FDR put a drawing pin on his chair?

I am completely creeped out now. Another night having to sleep with the light on.

Anonymous said...

Dear oh dear. They are so bad! And I don't mean that to be interpreted in a contradictory, youthful way to mean good.

Did the last supper tableau feature Mary Magdalene as a drag king, or was this pre-Dan Brown?

Unknown said...

If, as originally intended, I'd read today's post whilst having a coffee you'd owe me a new keyboard! Where do you find this stuff? Priceless!

SharonM said...

Scary spice indeed! I haven't been to Madame Tussauds since I was a kid, some forty+ years ago. Don't think I'll bother making a return visit.
Did anyone see the film Whoops Apocalypse and remember the scene in the Waxworks Museum with Rik Mayall in charge of the SAS?

Brian Sibley said...

I should make it clear that (with the exception of the first picture) these waxworks are NOT in Madame Tussaud's in London but in JOSEPHINE Tussaud's Wax Museum in Victoria, British Columbia.