Friday 16 April 2010

ON AIR TONIGHT

Just a quick note to tell those who find themselves near a radio tonight at 11.30 that I will be on the BBC Radio 2 Art's Show this evening talking about the 40th anniversary of the 1970 feature film version of E Nesbit's The Railway Children, starring Dinah Sheridan, Bernard Cribbins and William Mervyn with Jenny Agutter, Sally Tomsett and Garry Warren, written and directed for the screen by the late Lionel Jeffries.


If you miss the broadcast you can catch it again for seven days via BBC Radio 2's i-Player.

2 comments:

Chuck Munson said...

I just finished listening to your commentary regarding "The Railway Children" and it has only reinforced the thought that I need to see this film, preferably with my 7-year-old Kathryn. I recently introduced her to "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" which of course features Lionel Jeffries on his more usual side of the camera. She's been viewing it in stages which I see as an admission of the short attention span that seems to be proliferating throughout childhood.

While listening to the rest of The Arts Program, I was pleased to hear one of my favorite British actresses, Stephanie Cole, speaking on her involvement with the Chichester production of Pygmalion (another favorite, with its musical cousin "My Fair Lady"). Then my jaw hit the floor when I heard that my possibly all-time favorite British television comedies "Yes, Minister/Yes, Prime Minister" will be receiving a theatrical adaptation. Chichester has all the luck!

SharonM said...

You REALLY should be given your own regular radio slot, Brian.