Sunday 4 November 2007

ON THE LOOS IN AMSTERDAM

As David has noted on his blog, Dutch public conveniences can be the repository of some interesting - and thought-provoking - Lavatory Humour.

But, as we also discovered at Schiphol Airport, in Holland there are loos and loos; and at Amsterdam's air terminal you get a chance to enjoy an unrivaled level of toiletry sophistication with what they call Surprising Toilets!


Which means that there are cubical doors that are decorated with landmarks arranged by height...


Or cunningly disguised as canal-side house fronts...


And you can choose between peeing on the town from above...


Or mingling your waters with those of the city's fabled waterways...


But, as we've told you before, gentlemen must always remember to aim for the fly!


And the only thing that ever clogs up these loos is - er - CLOGS!


Images: © David Weeks, 2007

3 comments:

Boll Weavil said...

I fear I missed out on an experience.Mind you, that was not suprising as my Schiphol experience consisted of two hours in a mutinous queue whilst security delayed every single plane with a their search procedure. If I'd known such a treat was to be had, I'd have forced some more fluids down me !

Elliot Cowan said...

Brian - I've been trying to email you (Nothing urgent or anything)but I keep getting it pinged back to me...

Brian Sibley said...

Sorry, Elliot (and anyone else who's been trying to contact me): I've got a problem with my mail server which has remained unresolved for two days and is rather getting me down...

Naturally,'Customer Support' doesn't do any sort of support work over the weekend!